Friday, July 4, 2008

Sucktastic 4th

Since I was a small child I've loved fireworks. If I had a chance I'd run to see the ooh pretty colors, ooh bright lights, ooh big noises. Ten years ago when I moved to this house I realized I could clearly see San Ramon's annual big show from my front lawn. Tonight I realized I can see the show from my family room. I'm blogging by the light of fireworks.

I was outside where my asshat neighbors have paid attention to California burning by toning down their annual testosterone fest and only having sparklers and a few rockets. Waiting for the big explosions, waiting to see the show. Saw the first couple of minutes and turned back around and came inside. This year they're not exciting, not fun. No joy. It can't begin to balance the rest of the day.

Where has my joy gone?

No comments: