Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Trying to fix things

My insurance company told me I still had 7 visits to a physical therapist, occupational therapist or chiropractor. I called my doc and relayed that message and now I have appointments with the same physical therapist that helped me rehab my knee. First visit tomorrow and it can't come too soon.

My back is aching, especially at work. I'm trying different chairs to see if that makes a difference but so far nothing feels better. Lounging on a sofa is comfy but that won't do for work. Not like I can call in sick for the next few weeks until my back feels better.

My best friend right now if my bottle of muscle relaxants. I've been warned that they're terribly addictive so I don't want to take too much, but one in the evening helps me sleep (that's one in the evening with a glass of wine). I think I've had more complete sleep for the past 3 nights that I've taken them than I have for the last 6 months. I won't take them every night but it's amazing the difference they make.

My stomach is feeling better. Not good, but better. The worst time is about 4-5am when I first awake and it's tough to go back to sleep. After I've been vertical for a couple of hours it feels better, unless I eat too much or don't eat anything. Or eat the wrong thing. I haven't been able to eat fruit all summer. Veggies don't seem to bother me as much.

I missed the second to last run with Pam last night. Hopefully I'll be able to run with her next week, although I don't think it's too likely. She said she'd walk with me if I couldn't run, so we'll have that. Mondays and Thursdays won't be the same. I'm so happy I have Olivia to continue weekly runs with, even though she's too fast for me. We'll work something out.

My moods are still unstable, but the swings aren't as wide. I still feel weepy much of the time but I'm able to not cry. That's a huge improvement. Judging from my reaction to a call last night I'm still able to get horribly frustrated and hurt and angry. But the meds are helping. They certainly aren't taking away the highs and lows, just making it easier for me to deal with them. Somewhat.

No comments: