Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tired and shaky

For the past several nights I've had a change in my sleep patterns, unfortunately not for the better. I get tired, I go to bed, I toss and turn for an hour, I get up, I read for at least an hour, I go back to bed, I fall asleep, a couple of hours later my alarm goes off. I'm averaging about 4-1/2 hours asleep each night, not nearly enough to let me function capably.

The antacid isn't working quite as quickly as I'd hoped. One reason I can't fall asleep and one reason I'm awakening so early is that my stomach still hurts. A burning, clenching, bloating pain. Fun.

The antidepressant isn't working quickly either. I'm still subject to frequent outbursts of tears, I'm emotionally exhausted to go with the physical exhaustion. I'd truly like to just stay in bed, not an option.

I didn't run last night. I couldn't face the chance that I couldn't keep up with them and have to follow them in. I didn't want to run alone and didn't think I could tell them what was going on without crying. That only leaves a couple of runs left with Pam. Damn.

No comments: